As a developer you have the responsibility to ensure that everyone can experience the website you develop as was meant to. To make sure this is the case, you should always consider the accessibility of the code you produce.
Just think about the following; Is it possible for people to navigate through a website, that you’ve developed, by making use of a keyboard? And are those forms you developed really readable and understandable by everyone? If not, no worries. We can teach you!
In this course you’ll learn how to make an impact for all those users by adjusting what code you write and the way you write that code.
Some of the topics we will discuss:
- HTML5, semantics and the accessibility tree;
- Telling a story with your code;
- Keyboard and screen reader navigation;
- Screen reader feedback on dynamic changes;
- An introduction on WAI ARIA;
- Forms setup, feedback and error handling;
- Code testing, validation and test software.
Ready to dive into the world of accessible coding? Then this course is a perfect fit for you! Just subscribe to our newsletter to get an update once this course is available.